Before you throw/donate/eat all of your Halloween candy, think about the holidays coming up:
- Those mini-Hershey’s make great smores.
- The Kit-Kats, M&M’s and Reese’s pair great in ‘snack themed’ gift baskets.
- The large assortment is great for company on New Year’s Eve.
Place it in a large bowl and let others eat it for you.
- Do your children have a birthday coming up?
The candy is great for pinatas and/or party bags!
- Brighten a teacher’s day with a few candy bars tied together with a simple note.
- Candy makes great toppings for ice cream sundaes!
I did a little research, and found that most candy, if purchased around Halloween, will still be ‘good’ for at least 6 months! Chocolate also freezes really well!
Read this for some more information on candy’s shelf life!