What if there was a place… A secret place. A place where nothing was impossible. Want to go?
I remember that scene so vividly, as stated by Frank Walker (George Clooney) himself. It’s been a long month, and I can finally tell you a few things you need to know about Disney’s Tomorrowland film!
Tomorrowland hits theaters today, but a few weeks ago, I joined 24 amazing bloggers to attend the premiere at the TLC Chinese Theatre in Hollywood! I can’t wait for my children to see Tomorrowland with me tonight!
- The film is rated PG. It’s a futuristic family film showing a ton of action, with an overall great message.
If you have concerns, read my semi-spoilers below!
- Pay attention to the costumes. Everything from the 1964 World’s Fair fashions to the futuristic clothing of Tomorrowland itself shows great detail. Make sure you watch Athena’s blue dress in the close-ups… those lines are actually numbers making up math equations.
- The Eiffel Tower splits in half. Bet you never thought you’d see that! But it happens!
- The film was directed by Brad Bird. The same director who worked on The Incredibles, Ratatouille, The Iron Giant and The Simpsons!
- The film had over 90 different combinations of sets and locations for filming. From California, Spain, Canada, the Bahamas and Paris, this crew traveled, producing a film everyone will love!
Disney comes two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird’s riveting, mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.
Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.
TOMORROWLAND opens in theaters today!
There has been some concern on age appropriateness. I plan to let my almost 6 year old see this film, but as always, that’s up to the parent. If your child has watched the Avengers or Transformers, he will love this!